Your duties and errands double up after giving birth to your baby. And so as your acne and pimples.
There are few lucky women who get clear skin after a few weeks of pregnancy. But this doesn’t happen every time.
Along with hormonal surges and insufficient sleep, routines joins. Clearly, your skin goes through a lot during this phase.
And this brings the need to use an external, over the counter skin care products.
We have considered the ingredients. And brought up what acne treatment products are safe during breastfeeding period.
What Are the Factors That Cause Acne During Postpartum?
Postpartum acne is a common concern that many women face after giving birth.
And for few women, this starts right from pregnancy. It stays throughout and exists even after baby’s birth.
This changes the way your face appears and reduces your confidence which adds to postpartum stress.
This gets tougher if you are working post-pregnancy. You will have to constantly rely on concealers.
But knowing the factors that commonly contribute to this skin ailment is must.
This can help in prevention and curing process.
- Hormonal imbalance after pregnancy and postpartum.
- Changes in diet and need for more nutrition due to growing fetus/breastfeeding.
- Improper skincare routines due to lack of time and interest.
- Excess sebum production on skin.
More than anything, the first reason contributes most here. Because progesterone and estrogen keep fluctuate a lot after pregnancy.
This keeps happening until you menstruate again after the baby’s birth.
But if you are breastfeeding, menstruation doesn’t happen right away.
Sometimes, it gets delayed even for a year.
Even if you are not breastfeeding, the pregnancy acne can take some time to get cleared.
Yet generally, this requires some attention from your side. You have to make some modifications in your routine and lifestyle.
Small Changes and Great Results!
We all know how busy a mother can be especially a new mother!
But we have to find some time and inculcate some changes in our routines. This can improve our skin condition.
Let’s see few of them!
- Sleeping for at least 7 hours. Sleep really does wonders on our skin. Hence sleep whenever your baby sleeps.
- Consulting a dermatologist. We can only suggest. Only your dermatologist knows the underlying issue. Hence getting medical help is must.
- Eating nutrition dense meals and including lots of fruits and liquids. This aids in breast milk secretion as well.
- Avoiding sugars, junk and oily foods. They only offer temporary pleasure and affect our skin hugely.
- Exfoliating our face frequently and using mild cleansers and skincare products. Following a proper skincare routine.
- Not touching our face frequently and avoid rubbing hardly using hands or towel. Scrub slowly and gently.
Understanding your acne!
There are different types of acne and every one of them needs separate attention.
They are either inflammatory (filled with pus) or noninflammatory. These are reddish, scattered and affect the neck, cheeks, and forehead.
And they form as whiteheads and blackheads to which are basically clogged pores.
Papules and pustules are other common forms of acne whereas cysts. And nodules are severe forms of them.
#1. Differin Adapalene Prescription Strength Retinoid Gel
This adapalene gel with retinoid is from Differin and works great on clearing any kinds of acne.
It clears the breakouts even before they start to bud. This brings evident results within few days of use.
This is a gel-type cream which you can use with other skincare products. Use this during morning and evening.
In addition to that, it works great on sensitive skin and suits every skin type.
This is not just a gel or a cream but also acts as a moisturizer, cleanser and treats acne effectively.
This doesn’t have fragrance, oil and the major ingredient of this is water. Hence extremely gentle as well as effective.
Note: In some cases, you will not immediately see the process and it actually gets worse before clearing out.
- Price is economic and comes in many quantities. A single tube comes a long time.
- Most recommended cream by dermatologists and users are also really satisfied with this.
- Have to consult dermatologist once before start using this.
#2. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen
This would be useful for those who regularly have to go outside or even those few grocery shop/hospital visits.
Basically, this is a sunscreen from medicinal brand EltaMD. It offers SPF46 sun protection and both UVA, UVB protection.
EltaMD sunscreen is the most recommended sunscreen for women who have hyperpigmentation, Rosacea and acne issues.
This has Niacinamide which calms down sensitive skin filled with acne. And it reduces their effects and creates soothing effect.
To complete the routine, you can get EltaMD moisturizer and foaming gentle cleanser at affordable prices.
This is free from oil and hence it doesn’t create any greasy layer over your skin after applying.
Besides, this contains hyaluronic acid and lactic acid components. This transforms your skin into smooth and soft textured ones.
- This is mineral-based sunscreen and that is smooth and light in weight.
- Easy to carry package that fits any of your bags easily.
- Broad-spectrum sunscreen that is recommended by skin cancer foundation.
- This product has reduced shelf lifetime.
#3. Proactiv Solution 3-Step Pro Acne Treatment System
Take your first step towards achieving clear skin by getting this bundle of skincare products from Proactiv.
This is a dermatologist-developed and recommended product for all skin types. And it works perfectly on sensitive skin.
This kit contains renewing cleanser, revitalizing toner, repair treatment cream, green tea moisturizer and skin purifying mask.
They are available in three sizes and you can get them as monthly packages, like for one month, two months.
Especially, this works on deeper layers of your skin. It reduces the excess oil production of skin and eliminates dirt.
This is a specifically curated kit and every product of this works specifically on a particular concern.
Here, the key ingredient is benzoyl peroxide which works on killing acne-causing bacteria and unclogging pores.
- You are getting five products at the price of two and don’t have to spend on any other.
- Users are extremely satisfied with this product and this has 4.5+ ratings in Amazon.
- Available at offer price currently.
- Not really much that came to notice.
#4. NuDerma Portable Handheld High Frequency Skin Therapy Wand
This magical device is from NuDerma. And it works on eliminating your skin’s imperfections and reducing aging effects through cellular boosting.
Particularly, it comes with a battery-operated device and four interchangeable tips. Each works for different purposes.
Among them, one is a hairbrush and two of them works on removing pimples, acne etc.
And the remaining one is for eradicating wrinkles and fine lines. As a result, you get back young, tight skin.
Many women have stated that this has worked wonders on their facial skin. Surprisingly, the process has zero pain.
The tip of the device works on the skin layer and improves the metabolism of the cells lying inside.
Warning: if you are breastfeeding, kindly consult your dermatologist once before using.
- Kills acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation and scars at the same time.
- Affordable pricing and long-lasting usage is another plus.
- Overcome all the effects of aging together with just one device.
- High-frequency device. Need to be handled with care.
#5. Murad Clarifying Cleanser, Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
This is a great, lightweight and gentle cleanser that you can use for treating acne during breastfeeding period.
Ordinarily, this works on removing excess oil and clearing existing breakouts. It prevents them from coming back.
It has salicylic acid that stays on skin even after rinsing and fights acne and pimples.
This also has green tea which is a good antioxidant and leaves a soothing effect on your sensitive skin.
This product removes the dirt clogged in pores and deep cleanses your skin. You can use this twice a day.
It is available in three packages and the price is also very economic.
By the way, this brand takes initiative by conducting studies often. They use the data to improvise the product.
- A little of this cream goes a long way. Hence the product lasts really long.
- Vegan product that doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, petroleum products etc.
- Not working for every skin type.
#6. M3 Naturals Arabica Coffee Scrub
A decent scrub is must for women with any type of skin as exfoliation removes dirt and clears clogged pores.
As a rule, this is the primary reason that contributes to the formation of acne, pimples and other skin issues.
This coffee scrub from M3 naturals works perfectly for all skin types. And it reverses aging effect of your skin.
If you regularly use this, you would be astonished to see clear and smooth skin with a buttery texture.
This product is rich in collagen and stem cells. This provides a boost in natural collagen levels and improves cell metabolism.
It moisturizes your skin greatly and also works on reducing scars, blackheads, cellulitis, acne, etc.
And the Coffee here gives new life and texture to your skin cells. This keeps them fresh until the next use.
- A single product that works on moisturizing, cleansing as well as pore and acne minimizing.
- Removes dirt from deep layers of your skin that makes it healthy inside out.
- The price is a little on the higher side.
#7. Neutralyze Moderate To Severe Acne Treatment Kit
Let’s see another acne treatment kit from the Neutralyze brand. It comes with a facial cleanser, acne treatment gel, nitrogen boost activator.
This kit works on all types of acne from cystic acne to regular pimples. And it clears the scars as well.
It has 2% of salicylic acid and 1% mandelic acid that exfoliates the skin soothingly.
It is also great for skin conditions like rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. Dentists largely recommend this.
In short, this works perfectly on all skin types and especially works on sensitive skin and doesn’t cause blowouts.
And nitrogen boost technology follows is a breakthrough product. This improves your skin’s ability to heal quickly from skin ailments.
- Noncomedogenic, vegan and cruelty-free product and SOP/cGMP compliant as well.
- If you are not satisfied with the product, you can claim the money back within 3 months.
- Affordable pricing and long-lasting product.
- Contains alcohol and xanthan gum.
#8. Sebamed Paraben-Freaze Face and Body Wash With Pump
This gentle face and body wash from Sebamed is the one-stop solution for all of your skin woes.
This is a clinically formulated product that works both on men’s and women’s skin. It fights against acne and scars.
They have used hypoallergenic formula in this. That would suit the needs of sensitive skin perfectly.
Similarly, it has a blend of different vitamins like Vitamin B3, B5, B6 and pentavitin, panthenol and soothing allantoin.
Furthermore, these ingredients can effectively help in deeper hydration. And, it also helps cell regeneration and removal of dead cells.
This is a paraben-free product and contains mild scent. It is also free from allergic components and chemical fillers.
- Sebamed is a trusted brand and this is a Germany made product that dermatologists have formulated.
- Contains moisturizing and vitamin-rich ingredients that are skin-friendly.
- Hypoallergenic, alcohol-free product.
- Promotes natural and healthy healing of the skin.
- Suitable for sensitive and problematic skin only.
#9. Alba Botanica Acnedote Deep Pore Wash
This is another awesome deep pore acne face wash. This is from Alba botanicals brand and fights against acne.
It contains 2% of salicylic acid that stays even after you rinse face. Also, it gets released at definite intervals.
This can protect your skin against any incoming bacteria which in turn can keep your skin clean and healthy.
And, it is free from oils. Hence you will not feel any greasy texture leftover the face.
This comes as a pack of 5. Hence you don’t have to worry about restocking any soon.
Lastly, willow bark extract used in this is an effective natural herb. It cures inflammation and skin rashes.
- Filled with vegetarian and botanical ingredients and cruelty-free products.
- Cleans well and just a single-use is effective enough to bring results within days.
- Deep cleans and removes clogged pores that make the skin healthy and glowing.
- Strongly scented with botanical flavors.
#10. iS CLINICAL Cleansing Complex
This is a medical-grade skin care product and a gentle face gel designed specifically for acne-related issues.
This is a lightweight gel type face cream. And it is free from harmful substances like parabens, sulfates, etc.
The key ingredients of this are chamomile extract, sugar cane extract, white willow bark extract, and Centella Asiatica.
All you need to do this apply and massage a pea-sized amount of cream over your face and neck.
In short, you can either choose to do this in the morning or in night before you go to bed.
Also, it deeply cleans and clears your face and kills the acne-causing bacteria as well.
You can also buy their other range of products like hydra serum, super serum, and active serum.
- Doesn’t leave an oily texture after application. Easy to use.
- Filled with natural and botanical ingredients that are completely skin-friendly.
- The price is little expensive for the quantity of the product.
#11. Touch Keratosis Pilaris & Acne Exfoliating Body Wash Cleanser
Let us see a slightly different product this time. Your body also needs specific attention as your face.
In this case, this is a gentle, exfoliating body wash. This evens skin tone and removes bumpy acnes over.
If you are having any skin allergies, rashes or skin acne, this can serve as a great product.
And it maintains the pH of your skin and exfoliates that gently. Your skin would remain clean and healthy throughout.
The two major ingredients of this product are Glycolic acid and salicylic acid. It can fill your skin with goodness.
It also has skin-soothing, antioxidant and moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, Gotu kola and Vitamin E.
- Product is currently available at offer price
- brand offers money-back guarantee too.
- Soft and supple skin that stays same throughout the day and rashes free too.
- Not really much.
#12. Sand & Sky Perfect Skin Bundle
This pretty packaged bundle of products is from Sand and sky brand that has specialized Australian clay-based products.
This has two products one is refining face mask. Another one is exfoliating treatment cream along with a makeup brush.
It comes in a cute and pink package. And it works perfectly on exfoliating and detoxifying our skin.
This is filled with organic Australian ingredients like Kakadu plum, kelp, witch Hazel, mangosteen, pomegranate, etc.
Thereby, all of these powerful and effective ingredients act together and transforms your skin right from the first usage.
Also, bamboo and macadamia seeds are a great source of exfoliation. And that has been utilized to a full extent here.
- Product is filled with vegan and botanical ingredients
- Works great on any type of skin.
- Nourishes your skin and makes it glow for a long time.
- The price of the combo is higher than the cost of the products bought together.
#13. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser
Let us see another perfect gentle foaming face cleanser. This is specifically formulated for acne-prone skin.
To begin with, this works neatly on sensitive skin and doesn’t cause any irritation but a soothing and lingering effect.
Use this face wash twice per day for better results. You can gently spread and massage and then wash it.
It has 3% of sulfur which is a medicated component. That is proven to deliver powerful cleansing without any reactions.
This not just cleanses your skin but also unclog the clogged pores. And it reduces the excess sebum produced.
Finally, it not just clears out your skin but also works on preventing this from occurring further.
- Medical grade face wash product that treats acne effectively
- Brings out visibly clear skin.
- Controls the oil production of the skin that is the reason for many skin-related concerns.
- Not really much that came to notice.
#14. PCA SKIN BPO 5% Cleanser, Clarifying Daily Facial Wash
This is a benzoyl peroxide-based face wash and cleanser. It is from PCA and helps in restoring the skin.
Generally, they suggest using this cream either in the morning or at the night. Just apply, massage, and rinse after few minutes.
This has many antibacterial ingredients that aids in acne reduction. It kills the bacteria present on the skin layer.
It also penetrates and goes deeper inside the pores. This brings out the clogged impurities in there.
Between, you can also try their acne cream, intensive clarity treatment and calming, balancing facial moisturizer for better results.
Furthermore, this also has phytic acid which is a gentle exfoliating agent. It removes the need for an exfoliator.
- Has zero fragrance, dyes or synthetic components and is cruelty-free as well.
- Clear and neat ingredient list with no fillers or harsh chemicals.
- Not really much that came to notice.
Postpartum is hard and so as acne issues. Especially, when you have to pose for your first-ever pictures with your baby.
You are least prepared for the journeys you are going to embark and suddenly you have this issue.
But not to worry as there are really great products available in our market that you can get and try.
We have brought up the best and safest list of acne treatment products from wash to gel here.
These products can guarantee clear skin within weeks or months of usage. And you will be welcoming your younger version soon.
Loved our article? Share it right away and help someone!